Saturday, June 23, 2012

Healthy maybe?

So when I got groceries last week or two weeks ago I decided that I wasnt going to buy any snacks, unless they were a little on the healthy side. I also sorta gave up dairy in the traditional sense to see if I could get my skin back on track. I had beautiful skin and complection growing up, and then I moved and got married and bam my skin sucks. So I tried not eating dairy for a week (who knew butter was dairy? lol I know that sounds dumb) and my face started getting better. So now I am on to Almond milk and hoping that it wont tear my insides up. I would love to give up cheese but it has a hold on my heart. I eat limited amounts of cheese, like once a day, and then I can still enjoy the taste. Ive been doing really good and drinking spinach smoothies every other day and forcing myself to drink a litre or more of water a day and eating healthy.

I basically just wanted to brag about how awesome I am eating and what I made myself for lunch today. I had a cup of tea, a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, and a homemade salad. The other day I had a bowl of beef stew, and a spinach and banana/strawberry smoothie. I am fricken awesome.

Hopefully I can keep this up for the rest of the summer so it becomes habit and I look somewhat attractive when I fly home to visit my mom and go to my college roomies wedding. I am really excited to see everyone, but it has been so long since I have been home that it is hard to seperate things I miss about America, and then ruining it with the reality of America. Well thats another story. I pretty much just dont want my princess story of how great home is to be ruined by showing up home. But I am excited to be home and get to drink starbucks and eat sonics :).

No comments:

Post a Comment